Institute of Natural Resources Management
The Institute of Natural Resources Management (INRM) is one of the three Institutes established under the overall umbrella of the Meghalaya Basin Development Authority (MBDA). The Institute’s main objective is to manage and strengthen knowledge for natural resources and sustainable livelihoods.
The Meghalaya Institute of Natural Resource seeks to address the issues regarding sustainable natural resources use by strengthening and empowering the capacity of the concerned stakeholders particularly, farming communities and other entrepreneurs who are directly depending on the natural resources for meeting their basic and livelihoods needs.
Enriching and empowering all the stakeholders with clean and green technologies.
To pursue enrichment and empowerment of the people/community with time tested conservation technologies, management practices and knowledge for improved productivity and profitability without deteriorating the natural resource base.
In pursuance of the vision and to attain the goal, the Institute of Natural Resources Management shall pursue on the objectives underlined below:
- Facilitating enabling ecosystem and resource-gap support to Line Departments, Institutions for undertaking training and capacity building on affairs connected to natural resource management and related matters.
- Facilitating conservation technologies and knowledge base including innovative knowledge for natural resource management and livelihood promotion.
- Serving as convergence platform wherein, line departments etc would be key players to facilitate the required knowledge services.
- Facilitating studies, action research etc. under natural resource management and climate change management and related subjects and build knowledge repositories.
- Supporting and recognition of good practices and initiatives related to natural resource management and livelihood.
- Partnering with Institutions to facilitate state of art information technology, remote sensing, geographical information system, geographical positioning system, geospatial technology etc. as tools for providing the required knowledge services to the stakeholders, people/community for planning and utilization of natural resource base sustainably.
- Facilitating resource support on natural resource management related matters to knowledge centres located at grassroots level in collaboration with Line Departments, Basin Development Units, etc.